Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made some changes in the office for the extra protection and safety of our patients and staff. For the foreseeable future, the following will be the procedures for all patient appointments:
Changes at the front desk
- There are sneeze guard shields between patients and front office staff.
- Masks are worn by all front office staff.
- Social distancing will be maintained with 6 feet between patients. We are decreasing the number of patients in the office at any given time to maintain the distancing.
Before your Appointment:
We will be doing a COVID screening where you will be asked several questions on the phone prior to your appointment day, as we adhere to current guidelines.
Day of Appointment:
- Please wait in your car and call to notify us of your arrival. (650-345-3903)
- At your designated appointment time please come to the back door and have your face mask on. The door will be locked. Your hygienist or our chair-side assistant will come greet you and again ask the COVID-19 screening questions. Your temperature will be taken with a contactless forehead thermometer and you will be provided with hand sanitizer.
- Please keep your mask on at all times before and after your dental procedure.
- You will be given a mouth rinse prior to your procedure to minimize bacteria and other microbes in your mouth.
- After your appointment you will either be asked to stop at the front desk or to exit directly through the front door of the office.
In addition, there are "HyperHepa" Air Purifiers in the office to reduce aerosols in the air, as well as high volume external suction (we affectionately refer to it as our "Elephant Suction") which we use during certain dental procedures. The extra PPE (protective gear for staff) with the special face masks, face shields, hair caps, etc. are used for the safety of both patients and staff.
Our staff and patients have adapted quite well to this new normal.
We are all in this together!